Sunday, April 27, 2008

I called my Sister today and she informed that she had created a blog. After seeing hers and other friends and family members blogs i decided that i need to get one. Here it goes!! I'm not sure I'll be good at this whole blogging thing. In fact I don't really like to write but hopefully this will help that. So please be patient with me.

This semester has finally come to an end. I have one more final and then I'm heading home (YAY!!) It's amazing how much i have changed and grown this school year. I figured i would share with you some of the highlights from this school year:

August:

  • Start my second semester at SUU

October:

  • Mikey Turned 15 ( I called him the other day and he told me hes studying to take the test to get his permit. Is that crazy or what.)

November:

  • Annual trip to Mexico over Thanksgiving (we are always looking for people to come help us build houses; if you are interested let me know)

December:

  • Fall semester ends
  • I get a job mentoring for the university 1000 class
  • I got to go home for a couple of weeks. I had a great time hanging out with my family and friends
  • Christmas (spent with my family and Grandma)

January:

  • Spring Semester begins
  • I Start mentoring for univ 1000
  • I Start working on the Philadelphia Story as an ASM (assistant Stage manager)

February:

  • The Philadelphia Story runs
  • Jill came down to see the show and we spent the weekend have lots of fun and sisterly bonding

March:

  • Spring Break!!! I headed home for the first couple of days, then went to USITT
  • USITT (USITT is a technical theater conference. It was over spring break this year and was so much fun! I got to spend a week in Houston Texas and the weather was perfect!)
  • Had lunch with my Dad. My dad and Edson went a NASCAR race in Vegas and on the way down and back home stopped in cedar and had lunch with me! (and took me shopping!)
  • Mardi Gras. I was on the activities committee for Marid Gras.

April:

  • SOAP FEST!! (Student one act plays) 12 one acts were shown this month; 4 each weekend for 3 weeks. My show: The Dumb Waiter was the third weekend. I was the SM (Stage Manager) for The Dumb Waiter. I was also the Crew Chief for that week. Which means i was in charge of all the crew. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun!!
  • My Mom came to visit! She came and show my show (The Dumb Waiter) and stayed for a couple of days. It was a lot of fun.
  • Amber makes STAB (student activities board)
    STAB retreat. We went up to SUU's cabin for a weekend with all of the student government for next year for training. It was a blast and i made a lot of friends.
  • Spring Semester ends!

This school year has truly been great. I had really good classes and made a lot of new friends. I stayed super busy. I really can't wait to come back in the fall!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I'm excited that we're blogging. We're so cute. I'm also way excited that you're coming home in 3 days! I miss you so much. Love you!

Unknown said...

Wow...it took me A LOT longer than Jillian to influence someone into starting their own blog.
Nonetheless, we are so glad to have you in the blogging world! As they say in Spanish: Bienvenidos!

Mozi Esme said...

Welcome to blog world! Hope you have an awesome summer and don't miss your classes too much!

Jennica said...

Amber! So glad to see you have a blog. Not on here much I see though...you are like me, I go in spurts. ;) Love you cuz.